Station jingles-interval signals-station tunes or signature tunes what ever you say, Each International Short Wave Radio has an unique tunes to identify or recognize their station. Click to following video to get a Great taste of Late 90’s some popular SW Radio Stations interval signals. Hope you’ll like it. Please don’t forget to share this with your friends who like this Hobby.
Please follow my seven tips for your better SW Radio Listening Experience:
1) Keep your SW Radio away from Radio Frequency Interference (RFI) Generators like Laptop charger, Electronic Ballast, Light dimmer, AC adapters, Plasma TVs.
2) Stay Away from Electrical Noise Producing Appliances like Fluorescent/Neon Lamps, Computers, Air Conditioning Units and Generators etc.
3) Stay away from any kind of Transmitters (i.e. TV, Radio, Mobile),
4) Steel framed concrete buildings are not favorable for better Reception. So Try to place your Radio near the Window if possible facing the direction of the Broadcasting Transmitter.
5) Your SW Radio built-in antenna is enough for reproducing the transmitted audio but some time it is proved that an external antenna helps for better reception condition. Never use an antenna outside with open wire or without insulation wire. Radio manufacturer supplied long wire or reel antenna could be used for the safety from thunderstorms.
6) Use Rechargeable Batteries instead of AC adapters. Ac adapter often causes humming noise.
7) Most of Radio have tiny little speaker we can use Stereo headphone for better audio.
Hoping these 7 tips will be helpful for both New and Old Dxers, 73’s.
Please watch my youtube video on this topics